Last updated: March 19, 2020
This page is to inform you of our policies and the measures we’re taking regarding to the situation with COVID-19.
As we continue to monitor the spread of the Coronavirus in the US, we want to reassure you that we are taking the necessary precautions to remain healthy and free from infection of this disease.
As a company, we have decided to take some precautionary measures on our own.
We will have every store wiped down and disinfect surfaces twice daily using the following guidelines:
- Wipe down and disinfect, doors, workstations, kitchens, bathrooms and children play areas, paying close attention to coffee makers, microwaves and doorknobs.
- Provide antibacterial solutions for people entering the store.
- Upon customers leaving the store, areas and items they may have touched will be disinfected.
- Our main warehouse locations will disinfect areas used by delivery people as well as equipment and tools after each delivery.
- For salespeople who are entering homes, we will take necessary precautions. This includes, asking if anyone is or has been sick in the home, and use a medical mask and gloves if necessary.
- Will wash hands thoroughly and frequently, using soap and hot water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Will avoid shaking hands with anyone.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Use hand sanitizers frequently.
- Installers will wipe down work areas, door handles and other frequently touched areas with antiseptic wipes several times during the installation.
- We will have installer’s temperature checked each morning.
If you’re a customer that wants to come to one of our stores, below are some guidelines and important information for you to read and adhere to:
DO NOT COME TO OUR STORES IF:
- You are sick.
- You have been exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19.
- You have a compromised immune system and have been advised by a doctor to avoid work or social settings.
If you’re a customer that has an installation pending:
- We politely ask you to reschedule the installation if you are experiencing any of these symptoms such as: Fever (100.4 or higher), Cough, or Shortness of breath. If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, we can discuss options with you to ensure our collective well-being.
- Disinfecting high traffic surfaces, such as door handles and counter surfaces, before and after our installation team arrives.
- Please practice social distancing and avoid shaking hands with our installers.
THINGS TO DO TO PREVENT INFECTION.
- Wash hands frequently.
- Do not touch your face, eyes, nose or mouth without freshly washed hands.
- Disinfect work areas frequently.
- Do not share food.
- Practice “social distancing”. (see below for explanation)
Watch for symptoms
Reported illnesses have ranged from mild symptoms to severe illness and death for confirmed coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases.
The following symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure:
- Shortness of breath
- Oher Flu-Like Symptoms
Call your doctor if you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and symptoms, such as cough or difficulty breathing, call your healthcare provider for medical advice.
If you do not have insurance, you need not worry as the government is requiring all healthcare facilities to treat anyone suspected of being infected of or have symptoms related to the coronavirus, free of charge.
What is social distancing?
Per the CDC’s recommendation, social distancing involves “remaining out of congregate settings, avoiding mass gatherings, and maintaining distance” whenever possible to limit the ability of the virus to spread.
Social distancing is not the same as self-quarantine or isolation, two other practices being utilized to minimize the coronavirus spread. The key difference is that a quarantine or isolation restricts the movement of people within a certain area or zone to limit transferring and spreading an infection. Social distancing places no such locational constraints, rather it is a behavioral practice to lower the risk in most circumstances.